We’re not telling you that you NEED a reason to drink We The People Wine, but we wanted to share our favorite summer recipes that pair with our Premium 2019 Chardonnay and 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon.
Grilled Salmon Salad to Pair with our 2019 Chardonnay
kosher salt, as needed
8 cups lettuce, romaine, spinach or kale
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup cucumber, diced, ¼-inch thick
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced, ¼-inch thick
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
2. Heat grill to medium-high. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill grates.
3. Once the grill is nice and hot, add the salmon fillets. Cook uncovered about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until flaky (about 130-140°F).
4. Remove the salmon from the grill and transfer to a clean plate, cover to keep warm. Remove the skin if still attached.
5. In a large bowl add salad ingredients; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, cheese, and walnuts.
Steak seasoning (or salt, pepper and garlic)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 cups spinach
6 oz raspberries (1 cup)
6 oz blueberries (1 cup)
1 cup strawberries (sliced)
1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Wait until the oil is very hot, it will be shimmering.
3. Add the steak to the pan, do not touch it. Cook for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130-135°F (for medium-rare).
4. Transfer the steak to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.