Grilled Salmon Salad to Pair with our 2019 Chardonnay
kosher salt, as needed
8 cups lettuce, romaine, spinach or kale
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup cucumber, diced, ¼-inch thick
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced, ¼-inch thick
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
2. Heat grill to medium-high. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill grates.
3. Once the grill is nice and hot, add the salmon fillets. Cook uncovered about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until flaky (about 130-140°F).
4. Remove the salmon from the grill and transfer to a clean plate, cover to keep warm. Remove the skin if still attached.
5. In a large bowl add salad ingredients; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, cheese, and walnuts.
Steak seasoning (or salt, pepper and garlic)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 cups spinach
6 oz raspberries (1 cup)
6 oz blueberries (1 cup)
1 cup strawberries (sliced)
1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Wait until the oil is very hot, it will be shimmering.
3. Add the steak to the pan, do not touch it. Cook for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130-135°F (for medium-rare).
4. Transfer the steak to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.